The deadline to submit a presentation has passed.
Stronger in Solidarity
The results of the 2016 U.S. Presidential election have exposed a divided nation and have left many groups on campus feeling insecure and concerned for their future. The results also indicate that many voters do not see sustainability as relevant to their concerns and, indeed, the new administration has suggested that it intends to withdraw from the Paris climate agreement and roll back or repeal a variety of social and environmental protections. With a theme of “Stronger in Solidarity,” the 2017 AASHE Conference & Expo will focus on how the campus sustainability community can break down walls, build bridges, and continue to make progress toward a healthy and equitable future for all.
AASHE 2017 will convene a diverse group of attendees including faculty, students, sustainability officers, administrators, business partners, nonprofit representatives, government officials, and community members to take stock, examine and try to answer:
- How can sustainability help unify people across differences of political affiliation, ethnicity, gender identity, race, class, or religion?
- How can the campus sustainability movement build and enhance coalitions with other movements for change?
- How do we reach beyond the choir and meaningfully engage audiences that may be skeptical about sustainability?
- How can higher education institutions most effectively participate in the policy-making process to protect or even strengthen sustainability-related legislation?
Join us for an inspirational exploration of the value of community, the power of empathy and the importance of diversity. Your contribution reinforces that we are “Stronger in Solidarity.”
Why Present at AASHE 2017
- Share your successes and lessons learned. Become a thought leader at the largest stage for sustainability in higher education. This is a great opportunity for your campus and your own professional development.
- Advance the higher education sustainability movement. From engaging attendees with your sustainability story to empowering others with insight, tools and solutions that have helped you, your participation will create a stronger campus sustainability community.
- Save money. Accepted presenters receive a discount applicable to full conference registration.
Important Dates & Deadlines*
- Registration opens: May 15, 2017
- Conference schedule announced: Spring 2017
- Deadline to accept/decline presentation: Summer 2017
- Deadline for presenters to use presenter discount: August 20, 2017
- Presenter registration deadline (before session cancellation): September 8, 2017
- Deadline to make edits/updates to accepted proposals: September 8, 2017
- Posters and networking meeting proposals due: September 8, 2017
- Conference: October 15-18, 2017
*Schedule and deadlines subject to change.
All accepted presenters must be able and willing to present at AASHE 2017. All costs to attend - including registration, travel and lodging - are the responsibility of each presenter.
- AASHE members receive discounted registration pricing. Check to see if your institution or organization is a member. Membership extends to every person at a member institution or organization. Not a member, but would like to be? Learn about AASHE membership and sign up today to take advantage of discounted conference rates and a multitude of other benefits!
- As a thank you for contributing to AASHE 2017, non-student presenters receive a $100 registration discount. Student presenters (including high school, undergraduate and graduate students and postdoctoral researchers) receive an additional $50 off the already discounted student registration rate. Presenters must register by August 20, 2017 to receive the discount.
- ALL PRESENTERS MUST BE REGISTERED BY September 8, 2017. Presenters who do not register by September 8, 2017 risk having their presentation canceled and removed from the conference schedule.