At the Conference
- Each session room will be equipped with a PC laptop (with MS Office installed), screen, projector (4:3 format, resolution 1024x768), podium and microphone. Mac laptops and Mac adapters will not be provided. Use a USB drive to transfer your presentation to the laptop. You may not project from your own device.
- Each room will have a podium with a microphone, head table with one table microphone and three chairs behind it. Sessions with more than three presenters may move additional chairs from the audience seating area to the front as needed. Please be sure to return chairs and any other furniture to the correct place when your session is over.
- Recording of sessions or performances is prohibited without written consent from AASHE.
- You may visit the Speaker Ready Room during conference hours to test your presentation on our equipment and make sure everything is working.
- Arrive at your room at least 10 minutes before your presentation is scheduled to begin to test the equipment and get your presentation ready.
- If technology problems arise during your session, AASHE Program Staff or volunteers (wearing special AASHE Volunteer T-shirts) stationed near session rooms will be able to help locate AV support.
- Some sessions may have volunteer timekeepers, but please be prepared to monitor your start and end times to keep on the conference schedule.
- Speak slowly and loudly so everyone can hear you and face the audience as much as possible.
- If you would like to project video, screens are set up for 4:3 format. Please make sure that videos in your slides are embedded and also bring them along separately on your thumb drive.
- Using tape or other adhesives on the walls of the convention center is not allowed. Sticky notes are okay.
- Poster Installation: Hang your poster in the appropriate location on Sunday, Oct. 15 between 12:30 p.m. and 4:30 p.m. AASHE will provide push pins to hang your poster. Binder clips and scissors will also be available. All posters must be in place by 4:30 p.m. on Sunday.
- Poster Organization: To enable people to find posters that are most likely to be of interest to them, posters are organized by topic area and then by presenter last name. Two posters will be displayed on each side of the poster board.
- Poster Session: The poster session is scheduled for Monday, Oct. 16, 3:30 to 4:45 p.m. Presenters are expected to stand with their posters throughout this time. To enable attendees to move through the poster session more easily, chairs will not be provided for presenters.
- Handouts: You may bring handouts to accompany posters. However, there will be not be tables to put them on so you will need to either just hold these items in your hands or bring a pocket folder to hang on your poster board.
- Poster Removal: You may remove your posters on Tuesday, Oct. 17, from 1:00 to 3:00 p.m. All posters must be removed by 3:00 p.m. Any posters not removed by that time will be taken down and recycled. Unfortunately, AASHE cannot store or be responsible for leftover posters.
Networking Meeting Facilitators
- Networking meetings are intended to encourage networking among attendees from the same region or with a common interest.
- Meetings should be highly interactive and typically do not include a formal presentation with slides.
- To prepare for a networking meeting, you may wish to develop a series of questions for group discussion. We also recommend activities that foster small-group discussion among attendees.
After the Conference
If you haven't done so already, upload presentation slides, poster files and other presentation materials into the Presentation Management Site so that these can be shared through the Campus Sustainability Hub. Please do not upload your materials directly through the Hub.