Thank you for your interest in presenting at the 2017 AASHE Conference & Expo. The conference would not be a success without the dedication and support from leaders and experts in the field like you.
In order to ensure an exceptional conference, we have adopted the following policies and procedures, subject to change without prior notice. You must agree to these policies and procedures prior to submitting your proposal, so please review them carefully.
1. No late submissions will be accepted.
2. Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
3. All submissions must be completed through AASHE’s Presentation Management Site. Any proposals submitted through email, paper or any other medium will not be accepted or considered for review.
4. Presenters may not participate in more than three presentations.
5. All proposed presenters must be able and willing to present at the conference between October 15-18, 2017. Do not list collaborators who are not able to attend.
6. Accepted presenters who are not able to attend must notify AASHE staff immediately. Registered presenters who are not able to attend can send a substitute for their presentation at no additional charge if change is made by September 15, 2017. Canceled registrations incur cancellation fees per AASHE’s registration policies.
7. All costs to attend AASHE 2017 - including registration, travel and lodging - are the responsibility of each presenter. Presenters who are not registered by September 8, 2017 risk having their session canceled.
8. As a thank you for contributing to AASHE 2017, non-student presenters receive a $100 presenter discount and student presenters receive a $50 discount if registered by August 20, 2017.
9. If a presenter’s professional affiliation changes, the presenter must edit their profile in AASHE’s Presentation Management Site to reflect this change.
10. Each session room will be equipped with a PC laptop, screen, projector podium and microphone. Mac laptops and Mac adapters will not be provided. Presenters must use a flash drive to transfer their presentation to the provided laptop. They may not project from their own devices.
11. Presenters are responsible for providing all supplies needed for their session, including but not limited to: pens, note paper, flip charts, markers, etc. AASHE does not provide these supplies.
12. AASHE generally discourages using printed handouts during sessions. Presenters who wish to distribute handouts are responsible for providing these materials.
13. With the exception of the Presentation Type, all other parts of the submission can be updated at any time before the end of the submission period. However, submitters will need to re-submit the updated proposal to be considered for review.
14. Submitters will have the opportunity to make minor edits to accepted sessions until September 8, 2017. Significant edits that change the content of the session are not allowed. No edits will be accepted after September 8, 2017.
15. Presenters are expected to upload their presentation materials to AASHE’s Presentation Management Site so they can be shared via AASHE’s Campus Sustainability Hub after the conference as an enduring resource.
16. All sessions should be educational in nature. Advertisements of a product, service or memberships to outside organizations are not allowed and will be not accepted. If you are interested in advertising, learn more about our sponsorship and exhibitor opportunities.
Copyright © 2017 • Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education